The Elk Grove Individual Events
Speech Team Season:
The team meets every Monday after school. Meetings begin in mid September. Individual practices times vary.
- Humorous Duet Acting - A two person acting scene that is funny.
- Dramatic Duet Acting - A two person acting scene that is definitely not funny.
- Humorous Interpretation - A funny scene from a play where you portray all the characters.
- Dramatic Interpretation - A dramatic scene from a play where you portray all of the characters.
- Prose Reading - The reading of short stories.
- Poetry Reading - The reading of poems.
- Original Comedy - Eight minutes of comedy you write yourself.
- Special Occasion Speaking - An entertaining "realistic" speech for a specific audience.
- Original Oratory - A persuasive speech on an important and relevant issue that you write.
- Informative Speaking- An informative speech on an interesting topic that you write.
- Oratorical Declamation - A published persuasive speech that you perform.
- Extemporaneous Speaking - A current events speech prepared and delivered at the tournament.
- Radio Speaking - A five minute radio broadcast.
- Impromptu Speaking - an eight minute speech on a quote or a topic that is prepared and delivered right on the spot
- Performance In The Round- A special group event which is generally cast in December or January.
Past Seasons Highlights:
- 2016 - IHSA Regional Champions
- 2012 - 19 IHSA Sectional Qualifiers in Eight Events
- 2011 - 19 IHSA Sectional Qualifiers in Six Events
- 2010 - 8 IHSA Sectional Qualifiers in Six Events
- 2009 - MSL Conference Champions
- 2009 - IHSA Regional Champions
- 2009 - 4 IHSA State Finalists
- 2009 - 2 IHSA State Champions